The holidays are almost here, and that means it’s time for entertaining. These turkey meatballs are a sure-fire crowd-pleaser, and the avocado stuffing not only makes them different, but makes them healthy, too.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ red onion, minced
- 2-3 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
- 2 scoops Beef Gelatin in ½ cup of boiling water
- 1 avocado, flesh cut into cubes
- ½ lime, squeezed
- Sea salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, place ground turkey inside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, coconut flour, minced onion and minced parsley until there’s a crumbly mixture. Add mixture into mixing bowl with ground turkey and work with your hands to combine it all.
- Whisk the gelatin and the boiling water until it is dissolved and let cool for a few minutes.
- Pour gelatin mixture into the ground turkey mixture and use your hands again to mix it again.
- In a separate bowl, toss avocado cubes with lime juice and sea salt.
- Take a tablespoon or more of the meatball mixture and flatten with your hands. Take one avocado cube and place in the middle, then work the meat around the avocado until it’s completely covered.
- Place meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes and golden brown on the outside. Makes 12-15 meatballs.
From Sarah Anderson, a freelance recipe writer, personal chef, and Certified Holistic Health Coach. From Vital Proteins