We are currently open and ready to support and serve you in any way we can during this time. The Center for Holistic Medicine is following all of the CDC recommendations to keep you safe during your visits.
If you are elderly or have chronic health conditions, we highly recommend you read the CDC’s recommendations regarding prevention and what to do if you are sick. Please stay home if you have upper respiratory symptoms such as cough, sneezing, or fever, and contact your primary care physician for further instructions.
OUR POINT OF VIEW:
Prevention is the key to avoid getting and spreading COVID-19. Here are some recommendations to help support your immune system.
- Eat in moderation and not late at night
- Chew your food well and enjoy the taste
- Avoid white sugar
- Use healthy oils, such as olive oil, butter or coconut oil
- Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables and vegetables and fruits of all colors
- Eat plenty of whole grains and legumes
- Eat healthy proteins, such as wild Alaskan salmon and pastured chicken and eggs
- Cook with garlic, onions, tumeric, and ginger
- Drink green tea
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
(Ask your provider about proper dosages )
- Take echinacea
- Take oil of oregano
(These can be taken in moderation for prevention. Ask your primary care physician about proper dosages)
(Please consult with your provider)
- Maintain your emotional balance with breathing and positive thinking. This will support your immune system
- Reach out to loved ones and find a way to help them
- Remind yourself of what you have to be grateful for
- Exercise within your capacity
- Sleep 7 to 9 hours a night
Thank you for being our valued patients and please contact us if you have any questions or concerns!
Dr. Jerry Gore, MD, and the Center for Holistic Medicine Staff