Recipe: 6 DIY Face Masks
If you want to have good skin, but you don’t want to spend a fortune on beauty products, why not make your own? Here are six recipes for face masks that are all made with items you can find in your kitchen.
Cocoa Dream Hydration Face Mask
The avocado in this mask helps with hydration, while the cocoa is an anti-oxidant and the honey is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
1. Mash one quarter of an avocado in a small bowl.
2. Stir in one tablespoon cocoa powder and one tablespoon honey, mashing and mixing well.
3. Apply the mask to your clean, dry skin for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off with warm water, then moisturize as per usual.
Nourishing Honey Face Mask
The nutritional yeast in this mask is good for treating acne.
1. Brew one cup of chamomile tea with two tea bags and let cool completely.
2. In a tiny bowl, stir together one tablespoon of manuka or raw honey, and one teaspoon of nutritional yeast.
3. Add just enough chamomile tea to the bowl to create a thicker paste that’s still runny enough to spread across your skin, but not too watery.
4. Apply a thin layer to your face and let sit for 20 minutes.
5. Rinse off and pat dry. Moisturize afterward!
Organic Banana Face Mask
This mask is designed to give your skin a healthy-looking glow.
1. Mash one-half of a banana in a bowl.
2. Mix in a tablespoon of orange juice and a tablespoon of honey.
3. Apply the mask to your face (lumps are totally fine!) and keep the mixture on for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse with lukewarm water and then moisturize.
The Breakfast Face Mask
This mask helps improve oily skin and helps with tightening as well.
1. Combine one egg yolk, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of olive oil (yes, olive oil) with half a cup of oatmeal.
2. Stir well, then apply it to your face for 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water (make sure your drain is cool with oatmeal!) and then moisturize.
Papaya Lightening Face Mask
This mask is great for improving uneven skin tones.
1. Blend together two tablespoons of honey and a half-cup of mashed papaya.
2. Gently apply the mixture over your face for 15-20 minutes.
3. Wash it off and moisturize.
Honey Citrus Face Mask
This mask is ideal for giving your face a nice, healthy glow.
1. Combine three tablespoons of orange juice with a quarter-cup of honey.
2. Rub the mixture lightly over your face and then leave it on for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse with lukewarm water and, as always and forever, follow with a moisturize.