Recipe: Cauliflower Potato Salad
Staff July 5, 2021
If you are headed to a backyard barbecue, but you’re trying to reduce the amount of carbs in your diet, you might want to try this recipe for cauliflower potato salad, which uses most of the same ingredients as in regular potato salad but you substitute the cauliflower for the potatoes. It’s a perfect Paleo-friendly summer dish!
- 2 heads Cauliflower (cut into florets; about 10 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Avocado mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Yellow mustard
- 1 cup Dill pickles (diced)
- 1 cup White onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup Celery (diced)
- 6 large Hard boiled eggs
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- Paprika (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- Dice the cauliflower into 1 inch cubes and toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Spread onto the baking sheets in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes (flipping halfway through) until the tops are just starting to turn golden. Bake the cauliflower until slightly soft but still a bit firm so they don’t turn mushy. Let cool.
- While the cauliflower is baking, hard boil your eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add it to the cauliflower and 4 diced eggs, and toss to coat. Taste for salt and pepper and add more if needed. Layer the salad into a serving dish, thinly slice the remaining eggs and lay them across the top. Sprinkle with paprika. Chill until ready to serve.