Nothing says fall like a warm dish of cranberry apple crisp. And this version of this classic dessert is even better because it’s vegan and gluten-free, making it great for a paleo diet. Enjoy!
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp. arrowroot flour
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup ground walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, more as desired
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using apple corer, peel, core, and slice apples.
- In a bowl combine sliced apples, cranberries, cinnamon, arrowroot flour, and honey. Mix well.
- Line a 9×13 glass baking dish or a cast iron skillet with apple and cranberry mixture.
- Place walnuts in a nut grinder or food processor and grind fine (will be 1/3 cup after ground).
- In a bowl combine all topping ingredients and mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Pour crumble mixture evenly over fruit mix.
- Bake until top is golden brown and fruit is hot and bubbly, 40-50 minutes.