Recipe: Grain-Free Gingerbread Cookies
Staff December 2, 2020
Eating gluten-free, but don’t want to miss out on all of the holiday treats? These gluten-free gingerbread cookies are just the thing to bring you some holiday cheer.
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Tapioca Starch, (you can substitute arrowroot powder, or omit and add 1 more Tbsp. coconut flour)
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 3/4 tsp. ground Ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground Cloves, (rounded measurement)
- 2 whole Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled slightly (or substitute coconut oil or vegan butter)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Cover a large baking pan with a nonstick pad or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to thoroughly combine, scraping the sides and bottom to make sure all ingredients are incorporated. If your batter is too thin, set aside for 5 minutes to allow the coconut flour to absorb the liquid.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to make 1 Tablespoon balls of dough and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops with additional sweetener if desired.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, and cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.