Recipe: Green Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese
Staff May 17, 2018
Did you know that having healthy skin is directly related to what we eat? One way to improve your skin is to eat foods high in antioxidants, such as spinach and nuts. This green salad has both, plus it’s a perfect way to welcome in summer!
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup , or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups watercress, tough stems removed
- 2½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup fresh chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup toasted chopped pecans
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
To toast the pecans, stir constantly in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Whisk maple syrup (or brown sugar), vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add spinach, watercress, strawberries and chives; toss to coat. Divide the salad among 4 plates and top with pecans and goat cheese.