Recipe: Mushroom, Chicken and Quinoa Skillet
Staff May 5, 2022
Looking for a hearty meal that fits into a Keto-friendly diet? This dish is easy to make and the quinoa has more protein than using another starch, such as rice. You’ll love the meaty, earthy texture of this dish!
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt (divided)
- 24 oz. cremini baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, Gruyere, or similarly melty, nutty cheese, plus additional for serving
- Cook the quinoa and set it aside.
- Saute the chicken in a skillet until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Cook the mushrooms until softened, add the garlic, and cook until the mushrooms are tender.
- Increase the heat to evaporate away any excess liquid in the skillet.
- Combine the mushrooms with thyme, quinoa, chicken, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.