Recipe: Natural Homemade Electrolyte Drink
Staff June 6, 2018
If you’re out working or exercising in the summer sun, it’s important to not only keep hydrated, but also replenish the minerals you lose when you sweat. Instead of buying a sports drink that is loaded with artificial sugars and chemicals, why not make your own homemade electrolyte drink?
- 1 quart liquid, such as green tea, herbal teas, coconut water, or plain water
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. calcium magnesium powder
- ¼ cup or more 100% juice (optional)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. sweetener such as honey or stevia (optional)DIRECTIONS1. Brew tea if using, or slightly warm base liquid
2. Add sea salt and calcium magnesium and mix
3. If using, add juice and sweetener and mix or shake well
4. Cool and store in refrigerator until ready to use. Will last up to four days in the refrigerator.
From Wellness Mama