Recipe: Roast Salmon with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon
Staff March 7, 2022
Salmon is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, and is always listed as one of the most healthy types of protein you can eat. This version uses a bit of garlic, lemon and spices to add a little extra zing to this favorite dish!
- 4 (5 oz.) salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tsp. herbes de Provence, or 1 to 2 Tbsp. mix of chopped fresh herbs (see Note)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Slivers of lemon zest for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees F.
- Place the salmon in a shallow, non-stick or parchment-lined baking dish.
- Combine the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest and juice in a small bowl. Drizzle mixture over fish; sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake salmon 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Divide salmon among four plates; spoon the pan juices over top. Serve, garnished, if desired, with a few thin slivers of lemon zest.
Note: Herbes de Provence is French-style blend available where bottled herbs and spices are sold. If using fresh herbs, a mix of basil, oregano and parsley would work well.