Salads don’t have to be boring! This summer, why not try change things up and try heating your salad up on the grill? And if you’re doing the keto diet, avocados are a great source of healthy fat.
- 2 romaine heads, washed and halved
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
Additional toppings, such as:
- sunflower seeds
- crispy chickpeas
- sliced red onion
- sliced radishes
- Heat a grill pan or your grill on high heat.
- Pat the halves of romaine lettuce dry with a clean towel. Brush the cut sides of lettuce with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do the same for the lemon.
- Place the romaine and lemon halves cut side down on the grill for about 5 minutes, or until charred.
- Arrange the romaine and lemon on a platter, along with avocado, feta and favorite toppings.
- Drizzle with Avocado Buttermilk Green Goddess Dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.