Looking to get more veggies in your diet? You’ll love this delicious vegetarian fried rice. Not only are vegetables packed with vitamins that help boost your immunity, but they also reduce inflammation, which is great if you’re looking for natural ways to reduce pain.
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- Feel free to add additional vegetables as desired, such as snow peas, carrots, cabbage, broccoli and more.
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add onions, bell pepper, garlic and pepper flakes, to taste. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir in cooked rice, green onions and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add peas and cook 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Add sesame oil and mix well. Garnish with peanuts, if desired.