Looking for a healthier option for Halloween candy? This recipe is dairy-free, nut-free, gluten-free and paleo and vegan, making it a perfect treat for anyone in your neighborhood. Plus the pumpkin insides make for a festive look, too!
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder (can substitute vanilla extract)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Prep the pumpkin butter by combining the pumpkin, vanilla, maple syrup, and spices in a bowl and stir well to combine. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil, and salt until fully liquid.
- Using a silicone candy cup mold, fill it about halfway with the chocolate mixture.
- Add about 1/2 Tbsp. (or more depending on the size of your candy mold) of the pumpkin butter to the top of the cocoa mixture. You want it to be a sizable amount that you’d want to bite into but still leave some room. Add the more chocolate mixture on top to fill the mold.
- Place the mold in the fridge for at least an hour. Carefully remove from the mold and eat immediately, or store in the fridge.