Love the creamy, cozy taste of hot chocolate on a cold day, but you don’t drink dairy? Try this dairy-free, Paleo hot chocolate, which is packed with superfood ingredients like gelatin, cacao, and turmeric. Yum!
- 1 cup coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1 tsp. gelatin (such as from Vital Proteins)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- In a large heatproof bowl, add about a tablespoon of the coconut milk, then sprinkle the gelatin on top in an even layer. Let this sit for about 5 minutes. While the gelatin is blooming, make the rest of the hot chocolate.
- In a small pot, combine the rest of the coconut milk with the water and honey. Heat over medium until the mixture is very warm but not boiling. Turn off the heat. Whisk in the cacao powder, turmeric, vanilla extract and salt.
- Slowly pour the hot chocolate mixture into the bloomed gelatin, whisking so the mixture is smooth. Pour into two mugs and serve.