Looking for a way to add more leafy greens to your diet? Kale is a great source of fiber, protein, iron, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and more. Here’s a quick and easy recipe for how to make it as a yummy side dish.
- Extra virgin olive oil (can substitute water or vegetable stock)
- Fresh garlic (can substitute garlic powder, fresh onion or onion powder)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh kale
- Ground black pepper
- Add the oil to a skillet or large pot and when it’s hot, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic just begins to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add the kale in batches, stirring after each addition so that it starts to wilt until all of the kale is added.
- Add the salt and pepper, stir and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the kale is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.