Looking for a healthy snack to keep you on the go all afternoon? These oatmeal protein energy balls are a great alternative to cookies and are only sweetened with a little bit of honey. Your kids will love them!
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder (about 2 scoops)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)*
- 3 Tbsp. natural honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raisins, chocolate chips, craisins or preferred add-in
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. liquid (almond milk, milk, water etc…)
- Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add in raisins (or preferred add-in). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid 1 Tbsp. at a time and using hands (get dirty!) combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. If mixture is too dry, add in more liquid but not so much that it won’t hold shape.
- Roll into balls using hands.
- Place in a container to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in fridge until ready to eat.