This recipe for Florentine pizza with a zucchini crust is a fun take on an otherwise “cheat food.” Make it your own and be creative! If you want to use a pre-made crust, go ahead. Pick your favorite cheeses and play around with toppings. Want pizza for breakfast? Just add bacon!
- 3 cups grated zucchini (about 4 zucchinis)
- 1 cup + 3 tbs. arrowroot flour or tapioca starch
- ½ cup Paleo flour blend (any mix of gluten-free flours, such as coconut and almond)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs. tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 cup spinach
- ¼ fresh basil, finally chopped
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup flavorful cheese blend (such as: goat cheese, feta, fresh mozzarella, Pecorino, etc.)
- 1–2 tsp of each: crushed red pepper, black pepper, oregano
- 4 eggs (optional)
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper to fit the pan.
- Wash and grate the zucchini. Squeeze out any excess water, patting dry with a paper towel, and transfer zucchini to medium bowl. Discard the juices.
- Add the arrowroot flour, Paleo flour blend, and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Dump the batter onto lined pizza pan and press to form crust until it is thin and round, reaching the edges of the pan.
- Bake the crust for about 40–45 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove crust and let cool before topping.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Top pizza crust with spinach, basil, sun dried tomatoes, cheeses, and spices. Crack eggs on top, spaced out evenly.
- Bake pizza until eggs are desired level of doneness.