Now that spring is finally upon us, it’s seems like the perfect time to start eating big, crisp salads for dinner. And this twist on the classic cobb salad is fresh and hearty, and works well with a paleo or Whole30 diet. You can also eliminate the bacon to make it vegetarian-friendly!
- 1 head butter lettuce, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 4-6 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 whole soft or hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 2 handfulls sprouts, (red clover, alfalfa, etc.)
- 1/2 cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- Grape tomatoes, washed and halved
INGREDIENTS FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 head fresh parsley, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fine sea salt, (to taste)
- Water, as needed, until it reaches a pourable consistency
- Divide the chopped butter lettuce between two large plates.
- Add half of the remaining salad ingredients to each plate, on top of the lettuce.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.
- Dress each salad to your preference before serving. You can make the salad and store (undressed) a day in advance. Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.