As the end of the year approaches, it is a wonderful time to reflect on what we are all grateful for, and how much we have to be thankful for.
At the Center for Holistic Medicine, we are grateful for the big things as well as the small. For the beautiful green lawn that greets us every morning when we arrive at work, for the trees turning colors in the fall, and for the yummy samples from the apothecary that we often get to share in the office.
And, of course, we are so grateful for all of our patients who have trusted us with their health for the past 31 years and have become such an important part of our family.
In honor of Thanksgiving, we asked some of our doctors and staff to share what they are most grateful for in their lives.
- “I am grateful for the opportunity to fulfill myself as a physician with the blessing to be able to practice holistic medicine that encompasses the body, mind and spirit.”
Jerry Core, MD, founder of the Center for Holistic Medicine
- “I am grateful to ‘be able to realize the virtue of care,’ (Erik Erikson’s definition of generativity), which is the ability to partner with my husband in raising my children and participate in my community and work settings in a productive manner. Through generativity I feel a part of something bigger than myself.”
Nora Aisenberg, PsyD
- “I am truly grateful to have the opportunity to work with such a wonderful bunch of professionals and other physicians and the chance to guide my patients in their healing process.”
Richard Biscgelie, DN, CNS
- “I am grateful I have learned about the power of practicing gratitude!”
Daniel Levi, LCPC
- “I am grateful for so many things; every morning I thank the universe for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, and the food in my belly. But, I think I am most grateful for my family who love and support me unconditionally. I am also incredibly grateful for the folks who call me their doctor and put their health and faith in me to help them feel better and stay healthy.”
Cheryl Schwartz, DO, PhD
- “I am thankful for my two amazing sons and my princess, Roxy. (My dog!)”
Brisa Gomez, Patient Advocate
- “I am grateful for my salvation and everlasting life in Heaven.”
Tanya Guevara, Medical Assistant
- “I am grateful for my loving family and friends.”
Becca Gore, Apothecary Specialist
We’d love you to share what you’re most grateful for in the comments below!